Thursday, January 30, 2014

25 Facts About Me, Myself, and I

I haven't updated this blog in about five months. And I'm feeling incredibly guilty because I promised to be more consistent with my updates. I'm supposed to do a few a week, not a few every couple of months. This is just unacceptable.

And Mr/Mrs. blog reader, I know exactly what you're thinking.



And I'm sorry. I'm a bad boy. I've just been very busy with writing - yeah, typical excuse. But it's true! I swear. I've been literally ping-ponging between four different novels that are in the works. Oh, and editing a fifth, which is almost ready to be sent to my lovely beta readers.


I'm going to keep this blog active. I'll be Dr. Frankenstein and bring this baby back to life! Hopefully I won't have to use the assorted remains of dead blogs. I'll use my natural energy to breathe life into this blog. No necromancy needed!

In order to do that, I'm going to share 25 random facts about myself. Some of them may be very obvious but others may not. I want to have a good relationship with my readers. I don't want to be on some pedestal or shrouded by some barrier. I want people to know that I'm human and I'm real. So here are 25 facts you may or may not know about me!


-----------


(1) My favorite color is purple

(2) I've been diagnosed with two forms of anxiety. Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD) and/or Hypochondria Anxiety. They're both very taxing and I wouldn't wish them on anyone. Some days are harder than others. In the last couple of years I've learned to properly deal with them.

(3) I am a huge fan of My Little Pony. Like seriously. The show is good. I collect tons of memorabilia. I probably spend too much money on stuff from it.

(4) My favorite band is Icon For Hire. They're really good and the lead singer is a lyrical genius.

(5) I believe in magic. I believe that magic exists in everyone. I believe that people have more power than they realize and they're capable of great things if they just believe.

(6) My favorite author is Laurell K. Hamilton. I started reading her novels when I was going through a REALLY tough time in my life. Her Anita Blake series helped me ignore what was going on in my personal life and gave me something to be excited for...as cheesy as that probably sounds.

(7) I truly believe that dragons, mermaids, and unicorns were real at one point in time. I don't care what anybody says, but there are large portions of the world we haven't fully discovered and we don't know for sure if they existed or not. Let me continue to exist in my magical world - no lectures!

(8) I have a very mild form of OCD. It's not as debilitating as the anxiety, but it still causes me some discomfort. I always carry around a container of hand sanitizer (I hate germs) and tissues in some form. Not to mention that I have issues with certain "textures."

(9) I used to self-harm.

(10) I could eat Taco Bell for every single meal. I'm addicted to those evil tacos.

(11) I'm half Hispanic - Dominican specifically. Most people don't believe it because I'm so light skinned, but It's true. My Hispanic ethnicity is the only thing my father ever gave me. >.> On my mother's side, I'm Italian, and some form of Irish/Polish.

(12) I'm a huge fan of Rupaul's Drag Race. That show is addicting. I also watch Bad Girls Club. My two guilty pleasures.

(13) My skin is highly sensitive and most of the bath products on the market cause me to break out. It's annoying.

(14) I'm a huge fan of video games. RPGs in particular. I'm an avid WoW player.

(15) I'm addicted to Tumblr. I'm on it almost every day.

(16) When I write, I listen to OSTs (Original Sound Tracks) for my favorite video games. Listening to songs with words throws me off.

(17) My favorite musical is Sweeney Todd. Second is Avenue Q.

(18) Once Upon a Time is my favorite show. Notable mentions are Xena: Warrior Princess, Charmed, Buffy: Vampire Slayer, and Adventure Time.

(19) I'm a huge "shipper" when I watch TV shows. I love pairing up characters and I'm just a huge fan of love.

(20) I have a "quoting" issue. In normal conversations, I tend to throw out random quotes from my favorite novels, movies, tv shows, etc. Sometimes people get them and laugh and other times people blink and slowly inch away.

(21) I wear makeup sometimes. Nothing crazy, just little touches. I dabble with light eyeliner, blush, and cover up. I'm not theatrical, I just like the subtle differences that a little bit of make up can create. Most people don't even notice.

(22) I'm very shy. One way to tell that I really like you, is if I actually go out of my way to speak to you in person.

(23) I keep myself guarded 24/7. I've been hurt a lot in my life, so I'm very protective of who I let in my life. I was actually surprised that a few people at GRL managed to get past my walls. But they're good people so I'm not worried. =)

(24) I'm a cat person.

(25) I can't go to sleep unless I hear the sound of rain. Every night before I go to bed, I turn on rainymood.com and leave it on. It really relaxes me.


-----------




So there you go! 25 random facts about yours truly. I think this was a decent way to make my triumphant return to blogging and I sincerely hope you enjoyed learning a bit about me.

!!//

Lots Of Love and Applesauce. <3





2 comments:

  1. I love it Michael, thanks for sharing!

    I love #7. It is nice to believe in all that magic and mystery. I think there are lots of explanations for things that go way beyond our understanding.

    And I hear you on #8. My OCD is mostly annoying more than debilitating. I can indulge most of it without too much daily disruption. I have the texture things too. When I shop I need to touch every piece of fabric b/c if it "feels weird" I can't buy it. I have it with food too. Some foods I like I can't eat b/c the texture bugs me. Mostly mine is order (I have to go up and down the grocery aisles the same direction every time), alignment (gym mat has to align with the lines on the floor) and balance (shoe laces must be equally tight). I always laugh at why I didn't get the "good" OCD that would help keep my house clean, but alas.

    Congratulations on all your writing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^.^

    Thanks for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it. #7 is actually my favorite too. I find it surprising how many people are so adamantly against believing in things beyond themselves. I think there's magic all around us. =)

    In regards to #8 - it's terrible! Like I can't have the back of my neck touched. I have to have all the things on my desk in a certain way. I can't touch anything oily or greasy, velcro and velvet bother me! >.>

    And ditto. I wish my OCD required things to be spotless...but yeah >.>

    ReplyDelete