Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pieces

Today was an interesting day.

Our house was the location for a little party that we threw together last minute. We had a few friends over and a lot of alcohol and pizza. We also played Apples to Apples which is a very fun game. If you haven't played it before, go out and get it! It's a lot of fun.

Anyway, at some point during the night I had a sort of personal reflection moment. In that moment I was thinking about your past and the affect that it can have on you. I realized that things that negative occurrences in your past don't necessarily define you, but they do contribute to who you are as a person now. What I mean by that, is that even if you were a bank robber or something...that doesn't mean you'll always be a bank robber. If bank robbing was in your past and you've learned something from it and made a positive change in your life, then a negative contributed to a positive.

Another thing I learned is that people from your past are probably in your past (and not your present) for a reason. Some people are meant to stay with us forever and others are just meant to teach us things along the way.

My main point is that all of these things are just pieces of a puzzle. And that puzzle is who you are.

After my party I finished my vampire themed short story. I'm going to submit it tomorrow after I have a chance to edit it and comb for errors. I hope it gets picked. If not, it will be a nice free read for my followers, won't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment