So I've been very busy writing lately but I promised to do my best to keep this thing updated so I would be a very bad boy if I didn't do just that when inspiration comes a' knocking. So here I am. About a week ago or so, my good friend J.P. made a post about the things she wanted to do at this years GRL. I liked the post and the idea was brilliant. I mean, I'm a new author...so what better way to get people to know me than by letting them read about the things I'm looking forward to. It couldn't hurt, right? Famous last words, I'm sure - though I can't see how this could possibly backfire unless people literally form a mob and chase me...with actual fire. I hope not.
Anyway, here are the 10 things I'm looking forward to at this year's GRL. I hope you enjoy.
(1) Hangout with my Besties - I think its no secret that I (somehow) manage to attract the most awesome people. I mean, I'm like this dorky, awkward kid and yet I have the coolest friends. It's so bizarre. J.P., Lisa, Wade, Rhys, Jackie, Angel, and Will/Jeff. - my apologies if I missed anyone, I'm operating on very little sleep. These are just the people I've connected with the most. I can't wait.
(2) Reconnect with old friends and get better acquainted - I met a lot of people in the span of last year and I want a chance to get to spend more time with them. Taryn, Juli-Anna, Rebecca, and Members of the Non-Asshole group (I'm not tagging any of you because its a secret group and if I tag then it won't be a secret!), and many others.
(3) Make new friends! - I've already started talking to more people on Facebook and I hope this year at GRL I can get properly introduced to all of you.
(4) Meet the readers - I know my novel has just come out and what not, but at the point when GRL happens it'll have been out for a month and some change. I can't wait to meet people who've actually made the effort to read a novel I wrote and hear what they thought about it! You readers have to understand that hearing your opinions are like sex to us writers! Obviously good opinions are like really, really good sex - you know, heavy sweating, cigarette, the whole nine yards, but we value all opinions. Bad ones, too! It's how we improve.
(5) Seeing the sights - I'm a very sheltered boy. Until about three years ago, I had never even left my home state! Being an author has expanded my horizons so much and I've traveled to so many places. Chicago is a new venture and I can't wait to see what the famed "windy city" has to offer.
(6) FOOD - Yeah, I'm fat kid at heart. I cannot wait to finally be off this diet for a week and eat all the delicious cuisine I can get my grubby little paws on. If you see me plow through six slices of pizzas and fifty brownies - don't judge me.
(7) Discover new authors - One of my favorite parts about last year was discovering new authors. I found Wade Kelly, Rhys Ford, TJ Klune, Eric Arvin, and Daniel Kaine from last year's signing. I want to discover even more new authors and bring more novels into my already cramped apartment and further annoy my fiance. >:D
(8) Buy more novels - As seen above, I love discovering new authors...so of course, by extension, I love buying books. And not those silly electronic versions. I need print. I need to feel the novel in my hands. I need to smell it. I need to caress it like a lover. I know its bad for the environment, but I don't smoke or illegally dump into oceans. So it balances out...right?
(9) No Work - As many of you know, I work a grueling job with unholy hours. GRL is my get-out-of-jail-free card. I don't have to work for an ENTIRE WEEK. That's like 7 days, 168 hours of pure bliss. You see, we take off the entire week of a conference so we can get our sleep schedules in order, prepare for travel (we usually drive everywhere) and arrive a day early to get a feel for the location and what not. So it's a whole week of relaxation. Yay.
(10) Fun, Fun, Fun - I want to have fun. I had a ton of it last year so if this year is anything like what I remember, It'll be heaven.
Okay, well there's my list of things I'm looking forward to at this year's GRL. I hope you guys enjoyed reading.
Tomorrow is the big day when my debut novel in the m/m romance genre, Red Rose (Blood) is going to be released by Wilde City Press. So if you have nothing better to do and want to make this awkward lad happy, you'll stop by and pick up a copy here. Do it. I hear with every purchased copy there's a 0.9% chance of world peace being achieved. And who doesn't want world peace? ^.^
(warning: purchasing Red Rose (Blood) will not bring about world peace, nor does it have any direct correlation with the phenomenon. This blog nor its author are responsible for any misconceptions caused by the previous joke. It was just a joke.)
Anyway, lots of love and applesauce! <3