Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Rainbow Con AKA Michael Finally Updates His Blog

Greetings!













I haven't made a blog in a long time. I feel really bad. In my defense, I've been very busy and while I know that's not an excuse - it's the best I have. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT! Okay, I kid. I hope you'll take it and stay. :P

Anyway, the last month or two have been very busy for me. Anthony and I started working together delivering newspapers - yes, an actual job. It's not so bad...it could be worse, like a desk, 9 to 5 job, and I could hate my life. I haven't fallen so far. We basically go to a warehouse, bag papers, and deliver them to five, six hundred houses a night. We're like Santa Claus!

In April we went to Rainbow Con which is was this fabulous convention for LGBTQIA readers, writers, reviewers, etc. basically anybody who falls under the spectrum or enjoys reading novels with characters in that spectrum. It was a very nice convention. I didn't attend as many panels as I'd have liked to, but I got to meet a whole bunch of amazing people like Angel Martinez, Nicole Dennis, Sara York, Brandilyn Carpenter, Geoffrey Knight (this was especially significant and I'll explain why in my next blog), LE Franks, Sue Brown, Jeff Adams, Greg Payne, Allison Cassatta, Lexi Ander, and a whole bunch of other people I'm too dazed to remember. If I forgot you, I'm sorry, it's not intentional - I have the attention span of a squirrel force-fed cocaine in Autumn. So again, my apologies.

I met all of these wonderful people and reconnected with older friends, such as: Lisa H. from The Novel Approach, Jackie also from The Novel Approach, Rhys Ford, Kade Boehme, and Wade Kelly. And probably many others I'm forgetting! In which case, I'm sorry! I'm only human...as far as you know, so I'm allowed to make mistakes.

I think one of the best parts of the conference was the choice in venue or how approachable the staff was. Both of which can make or break a conference.

I took some pictures:

(Wade Kelly signing a copy of My Boyfriend's A Jock? Well Crap!)

(Me posing awkwardly with Nicole Dennis and Sue Brown)

(Me with the amazingly talented Princess S O Briot)

(Me with Wade Kelly)

(Wade Kelly and Shira Anthony)

(Me with Kris Piet of Storm Moon Press)


(Myself, My Fiance, Sara York, Brandilyn Carpenter, Greg Payne, and Wade Kelly)



So I totally should have taken more pictures...but I was overwhelmed with all the people! I think I exhausted my camera at GRL...but anyway, yeah. It was fun!

After Rainbow Con, Anthony and I went to stay at his mother's house in SO-Florida and it was a nice relaxing time. In the week we stayed with her, I managed to finish a novel and complete 50% of another novel. I was on a roll like butter. >.>

So yeah. I'll be updating again. Probably tomorrow with amazing news. We shall see.


As always, Lots of Love and Applesauce! <3





2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I am glad you had a great time and got to network with people. One day the paperboy job will be in the past as you become a famous writer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun to meet you and Anthony! (Seriously, how often do I get to talk about anime at a book con?) Can't wait to see you guys in October!

    ReplyDelete